Almond eyes are considered by many to be an ideal eye shape because of their versatility and balanced proportions. In this article, we will explore the best application tips, the unique features of almond eyes, and the dos and don’ts of makeup application. So this is a complete almond-shaped eyes makeup tutorial. We will also recommend some fantastic products to make your almond eyes stand out even more.
Table of Contents:
- What are almond-shaped eyes ?
- What are the application tips?
- What makes almond eyes different from other eye shapes, and what should the focus be when applying makeup to them?
- What should you never do with makeup on almond eyes?
- What products do you love for almond eyes?
Almond eyes refer to a type of eye shape characterized by those who have one that is similar to the popular nut- Almond. Almond-shaped eyes have irises that touch both the top eyelid and bottom eyelid. This means you cannot see the whites of your eyes at the top or bottom, only on the sides.
2. What makes almond eyes different from other eye shapes, and what should the focus be when applying makeup to them?
Almond eyes are characterized by a slightly pointed shape, with wider middle and narrower corners. Also, almond eyes are where the inner and outer corners are in line with each other. We can use line shapes, highlights, and shadows to enhance symmetry when applying makeup to almond eyes. Our focus should be on enhancing their natural beauty and creating an elongated, uplifted appearance.
3. To make almond eyes pop, follow these application tips:
a. Use a primer: Begin by applying an eye primer to ensure a smooth, long-lasting base for your eyeshadow.
b.Accentuate the outer V: Place the handle of your eyeshadow brush at the nape of your nose and connect it to the corner of your lower lash line to find the angle for your mid-tone shade. Use an angled brush to draw a line at this angle with a darker shade. The longer your line is, the more snatched your look is going to be.
c.Define the crease: Start in the middle of your eye and draw a line above your natural crease to lift and open the eye. Avoid taking the line all the way inwards to keep the weight off the inner part of your eye.
d.Apply eyeshadow: Apply a highlight shade with a flat brush to the lid, focusing on the center of the lid for a more elongated almond shape. Also, apply under the brow, making sure the line is in line with the rest of your lines.
e.Softly line the upper lash line: Using a dark eyeliner, softly line the upper lash line to create the illusion of fuller lashes.
f. Blend and smudge: Blend your eyeshadow colors seamlessly and smudge your eyeliner for a polished look.
g. Choose a mascara that lifts, curls, and separates lashes for a wide-eyed, almond eye-enhancing effect
3. What should you never do with makeup on almond eyes?
Avoid these makeup mistakes to keep your almond eyes looking their best:
a. Overlining the lower lash line: Overlining the lower lash line can make almond eyes appear smaller and less open. Instead, use a light color or keep the lower lash line bare.
b. Skipping the blending: Harsh lines can detract from the beauty of almond eyes. Always take the time to blend your eyeshadow and eyeliner for a soft, polished look.
c. Overpowering the eyelid: Applying heavy, dark eyeshadow all over the eyelid can weigh down almond eyes. Focus on creating depth and dimension with lighter shades and strategic placement.
4. What products do you love for almond eyes? Here are some fantastic products to enhance your almond eyes
a. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: This primer ensures a smooth base for eyeshadow application and keeps your makeup in place all day.
b. Facescret Mineral Eyeshadow Palette: This versatile palette offers a range of matte and shimmery shades that are perfect for creating depth and dimension in almond eyes.
c. Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner: This eyeliner has a fine tip for precise application and a waterproof formula to keep your liner looking fresh all day.
d. Facescret Longlasting Curling Mascara: This long-lasting mascara is both smudge and clump-proof so you can go about your day without worrying about eye makeup mishaps.
More to read:
- Private Label Eyeshadow Palette: The Ultimate Guide
- How is makeup made: An In-Depth Look at the Production Process
- Top 10 Makeup Brush Manufacturers for High-Quality Brushes
- The Ultimate Guide to Lip Gloss Pigments: Everything You Need to Know
- Leecosmetic Beauty Eurasia 2023 Participation